Work as Unit Nurse Manager within a specialist nursing service for adults with neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health and dementia based in Birmingham
This is a full time, permanent position for an experienced Nurse earning circa £33,000 - £35,035 pa.
As a Unit Nurse Manager, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for the care team. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team.
You will have a person-centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
Positively promote the home
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments, comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
A rewarding and stimulating working environment, where you will be supported to develop your clinical, leadership and management skills, to prepare you for future opportunities that the group offers.
You will have genuine prospects for career development, including opportunities to move into a more senior post or develop in a specialist clinical area.
If you are a Registered Nurse in Birmingham and would like further details about the Unit Manager role, please APPLY or call Sara at Leaders in Care on 0161 416 6379.