Head of Care
£49000 - £53000 per annum
Work as a Head of Care for an award-winning Complex Needs luxury healthcare provider with a handful of care homes that currently boast an 100% compliance rating. A 'National Care Awards' Finalist in over 4 categories; this is a company that recognises employee engagement is key - so you'll never feel unappreciated for all the hard work you put in.
As a Head of Care, you will be relied upon to support the Home Manager in delivering a high level of care for a 60 bedded home, providing full support and attention to your residents. Working for this provider offers excellent long-term progression opportunities with the chance to take on further extracurricular training to become a clinical specialist in your chose field.
The successful candidate can look forward to the following benefits:
- £53,000 annual salary - Reviewed after probation
- Supernumerary - Monday - Friday / 9 - 5
- RCNi CPD e-learning - offers training for revalidation
- Employee assistance program - 24-hour helpline
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Extensive further training and management succession programmes
The successful Head of Care will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead in quality through conducting internal audits for infection control, medication and documentation to name a few
- Acting as a key family liaison to ensure the families of your residents are kept fully involved in their relative's care
- Taking a lead with clinical supervisions of nursing staff and providing internal training where required
- Working with the wider MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
- Participate in recruitment and supervision of staff members
To be a successful Head of Care applicant you must be able to provide:
- A valid NMC PIN with a registered nurse degree (RGN/RMN/RNLD)
- Well organised, able to make decisions and work on your own initiative whilst working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
- 2 years' experience within a managerial / supervisory capacity within a clinical setting
- You will be up-to-date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC standards and regulations
If you feel you have all the skills and credentials outlined in this advert to be a Head of Care, please click APPLY and Megan from Leaders in Care will be in touch shortly to discuss your application.